NU Reflect - Newcastle University

Information for Staff registered for PhDs and other higher degrees

Can't I just log on with my usual staff username?

Unfortunately, it is essential to use your postgrad student account rather than your more familiar staff username for your degree-related work.

The records of your postgraduate registration are held on SAP Campus Management under your student SAP number, completely separate from your staff SAP number and records. The postgraduate portfolio uses postgraduate student and supervisor data from SAP so your staff id is not included in this (unless you are also a supervisor!). Also it is necessary to use your student username to have the correct role and view in the portfolio.

You can be logged on to your computer with your usual staff username but still log onto the ePortfolio with your student account.

Please use your student username from the onset:

• Annual Progression can only be completed with your student account
  • Supervisory meetings recorded with your staff account won't be counted as part of the required number per year.
  • Book PGR Workshops with your student account, otherwise they aren't included in your PGR training record.
  • It is not always possible to transfer over records from your staff to your student account.

Where can I find my password? (staff PhD candidates)

The postgrad portfolio allows login with your campus password . If you don't know your campus password for your student username then please contact IT Service Desk and have your student number/login ready. Please see the page on Access and Login Issues