NU Reflect - Newcastle University

What are the core components of the portfolio?

Core Components

The 'core components' of the portfolio are available to all students and staff. Depending on your programme you may see additional tools,
for example postgraduate research students have eProgression and Project Approval. Staff can change their settings for a specific programme.

My Blog

A flexible tool to record your reflections, gather evidence, and communicate. You control what is private or who you share with. Your blog integrates with "My Skills".

My Skills

Think about your skills development, build up evidence of your skills to help you with future opportunities, interviews and job applications.

My Meetings

Primarily to share records of meetings with your personal tutors / supervisors, but flexible enough to record any meeting with anyone in the University.

My CV

A place to record your CV information.

My Action Plan

Think about your goals, plan your tasks and feel good when you tick them off!

My Communities

You have the option to join and create communities to which you can share some of your blog posts.

Utilities

Also there are utilities available to all students and staff:

My Profile

Say a bit about yourself and customise your photograph used in the portfolio.

Sharing

Set up your own 'share groups'. You may have 'My tutors' set-up for you in advance.

Filestore

Includes all the files you have uploaded in your blog, My Skills, meetings and eProgression - all in one place.

Recycle Bin

Recover accidentally deleted files.